This casserole used to be one of our favorite cold-weather meals before we made the transition to real foods. The original Bob Evans recipe calls for a can of cheddar cheese soup…and, if you caught my post from yesterday, you know that the Campbell’s version of this soup contains over 50 ingredients!! Nope, not gonna happen anymore. Well, once I came up with a substitute for that can of soup, I knew I could finally start making this casserole again. It’s very hearty and makes for one satisfying meal! Plus, my kids LOVE it (along with my husband). I always love it when dinner is a hit all across the board!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In skillet, brown sausage and drain on paper towels, if necessary.
- In a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, slightly overlap potato slices along the bottom.
- Top with the cooked sausage, then broccoli.
- Pour the condensed soup mixture all over casserole.
- Top with additional shredded cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to cool and then enjoy!