As promised in my post from yesterday, I wanted to share MY favorite recipes from the past year. Not the ones that were shared the most or got the most page views, but the ones that my family and I liked the best. It turned out to be a harder task than I expected! I only share recipes that are a success in our house, so no recipe is bad…but narrowing the list of my favorites down to just 10 wasn’t easy! I decided I can’t really place these in any order, because they are all so good, but here they are. If you made any of these, PLEASE let me know! I love, love, love to get feedback from my readers. It truly makes my day!
Real Fit, Real Food Mom’s 10 Favorite Recipes from 2013
* Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza: I really enjoy making pizza at home these days. I like knowing that all the ingredients are REAL, but I especially like that this recipe makes two pizzas: one for tonight and one to freeze for another day!
* Chili w/ Sweet Corn Bread: A favorite dinner of ours. I chop up the beans and even the kids will eat it all up.
* Ham & Cheese Roll-ups: Another dinnertime favorite. Two of my three kids always pull out their roasted sweet red peppers…but that’s my favorite part! (I also love the spinach salad with homemade dressing that’s pictured.)
* Cheesy Taco Brown Rice: I make this side dish almost every time I make Mexican for dinner…whether that be nachos, chimichangas, tacos, or my Party-Time Taco Bites! We all love this recipe, but I also love how quick and easy it is!
* Honey Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread: This isn’t the most exciting recipe…but it is by far the one I made the most this year! I made a loaf of this bread probably every 3 days for the entire year! The only time I purchased a loaf of bread was when we went on vacation. Not too bad! (I also love my Honey Whole Wheat Sandwich Buns recipe!)
* No Bake Cookies (without refined (sugar): This also happens to be my most viewed post from the year (with 4,233 page views!!). It’s definitely one of my favorites as well, though! It’s a favorite childhood recipe of mine that I cleaned up to avoid white processed sugar and margarine. While it didn’t set up like I was used to, the taste was spot on. In fact, I ate several cookies right out of the freezer ever day until they were all gone! I miss them now…but it’s probably for the best. (I may have put on couple of pounds over the holidays due to slacking off a bit!!)
* Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms: A very simple appetizer, but still a favorite of mine. Yum!
* Pumpkin-Spiced Chocolate Chip Donuts: After I bought my donut pans, this recipe quickly became my favorite (and my kids’ favorite too)! I’m looking forward to baking more donut varieties in the upcoming year. 🙂
So, there you have it…my 10 favorite recipes from the past year! I’m already so excited about all the recipes I’m going to be sharing next year (I have an on-going list!). And I’ve got some totally new types of foods that will be coming to the blog soon as well! For Christmas, I got a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and a Bella Rotating Waffle Maker. (Actually, the waffle maker is my 4 year old daughter’s gift. No joke! She actually asked our Elf on the Shelf for a waffle maker…so she could make her own waffles in her room! ha!) Of course, she won’t be making waffles in her room, but I will let her help me make them in the kitchen! Anyway, expect to see lots of homemade ice cream recipes and waffle recipes coming soon on my blog. Also, I’m hoping to buy myself this Tortilla Press within the next few days so I can start making my own tortillas on a regular basis! I’m getting tired of having to buy tortillas in bulk anytime I’m at the closest Whole Foods…which is 90 minutes away from my house! Can’t wait to have fresh tortillas anytime we want them. 🙂
I hope you all have a very happy New Year’s Eve! Thank you again for all the support over the past year! If I do a quick total from Blogger and WordPress, my total for the year is over 26,000 page views since I started my blog (with over 10,000 page views in December alone). Yay for awesome growth!
And starting on Thursday morning at 5 am, my husband and I will be beginning our P90X3 journey! Look for a post on that sometime within the next week. Can’t wait to see more muscle tone!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same, but Real Fit, Real Food Mom will earn a small commission (which helps to help offset web hosting fees, maintenance, etc.). Your support is greatly appreciated!