Yesterday, I had the opportunity to take a sneak peek tour of the new Earth Fare Fort Wayne store that is opening tomorrow. It is located in the Dupont Crossing Shopping Center (704 E. Dupont Rd., Fort Wayne, IN) and I plan to be there at some point in the day! I’m super excited about Earth Fare opening here because I know shopping for ‘real food’ in my city just got a little bit easier for me (and many, many others)!
What’s so great about Earth Fare? Well, for one, it is committed to bringing REAL FOOD to the table. Earth Fare defines Real Food as never containing these following ingredients:
- Antibiotics or Synthetic Growth Hormones in Fresh Meat & Dairy
- Artificial Fats or Artificial Trans Fats
- High-Fructose Corn Syrup
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Artificial Preservatives
- Bleached or Bromated Flour
- Artificial Colors or Flavors
That’s a pretty big commitment for a grocery store and it’s one it takes very seriously. In fact, Earth Fare even challenges its customers to find a product in the store that contains one of these above ingredients. If you do, they’ll give you $50 gift card on the spot and will immediately remove the product from EVERY SINGLE STORE across the country! You can see its “boot list” on its website.
I’m definitely most excited about Earth Fare’s large bulk section for nuts, flours, beans, and more!
If you live in Fort Wayne or the surrounding areas, make sure to sign up for the Fort Wayne store emails. Earth Fare sends out great coupons that you don’t want to miss. PLUS, if the store reaches its goal of 5,500 members by opening day (tomorrow), there will be an extra special offer to everyone who has signed up. You can sign up here: Earth Fare Fort Wayne. And guess what? I just checked…and the goal was met!! I’m looking forward to finding out what that special offer will be! 😉
If you sign up for text alerts…you’ll get even MORE coupons (and different ones than the emails). Just text the word “Fort” to 71700 and you’ll be signed up! And, finally, if you sign up for Earth Fare’s “Tomato Bank,” you’ll earn points for the actions you take (like bringing in reusable bags to shop) and certain foods you buy. You just need to type in your phone number at the register to bank your points and then you can use them either right away or bank them for later. Every 100 points equals $1. Just another way to save money (which is always appreciated)!! You can sign up for the Tomato Bank here. (There is even an app for it, if you’re interested.) And the great thing about all these coupons is that you don’t need to print any of them. You can just show your coupons on your phone (which helps to eliminate unnecessary paper waste).
Here are some additional tips I learned during my sneak peek tour that you might like to know about:
- You can bring in your own containers to fill up in the bulk section. When you come in, have them weighed first, and then the cashier will subtract that weight when you check out. Just a simple way to help reduce waste. I’m going to have to try that!
- On Thursday nights from 4-8 pm, up to 6 kids (under age 12) can eat free if you spend just $5 on anything in the store. They get a nice, packaged meal with a bottle of water. I’m excited about this one. 🙂 (This will start on May 15th.)
- On Sunday, the store will have “burgers for bucks.” They’ll grill up hamburgers and even veggie burgers for just a $1.
- They have a juice bar with a full menu…or you can have them juice something you buy in the store! I’ll have to try that soon!
- The deli area can make you a gluten-free pizza if you call ahead and let them know you’re coming.
- There will be a full salad bar, hot bar, and rotisserie chicken which will be great if you want to pick up a quick lunch or dinner on the way home from work. Or you can also eat there. There is a sitting area with tables and free Wi-Fi, as well.
If you’re in my area, I highly recommend you check out the store tomorrow on grand opening day! Let’s help Earth Fare Fort Wayne break a new grand opening record!
P.S. – If you check the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette tomorrow morning, there will be a coupon for a free whole chicken!! Don’t miss it! 🙂
And…finally…the part you’ve been waiting for…the $50 Earth Fare gift card giveaway!! It’s open to all U.S. residents and will last just 24 hours!! Of course, this post and giveaway is mainly about promoting the grand opening here in Fort Wayne, IN…but even if you don’t live in this area, you can still enter the giveaway! There are 4 entries available, but you only need to complete ONE to win…however, you’ll increase your odds the more that you do. 🙂
Rafflecopter will randomly select a winner tomorrow night (May 7th) at 8:00 pm. I will post the winner on my Facebook and Twitter pages, so make sure to check back to see if you’re the winner! (I will also notify the winner with the information I’m given.)
Please share this with your friends and family, too! Good luck!!
If you enjoyed this post and want to see more like it, you can sign up for my weekly email newsletter here: