When I set out to make granola yesterday, I had no intentions of making a ‘No-Bake Cookie’ Granola recipe…but that’s exactly what happened. I had actually planned to make a chocolate peanut butter-like granola recipe and was sort of winging ingredients. (Sometimes I like to be creative and not really follow a real recipe!) As it was baking, I told my husband that the house smelled like no bake cookies. (He doesn’t actually like no-bake cookies, but they’re my all-time favorite cookie!) Anyway, he agreed with me…and then when I ate some after it cooled?? Yep, it tasted JUST like a no-bake cookie! I think it’s super delicious and so do my kids. We’ll just ignore the fact that my husband won’t even try it… 😉
And to clear up any confusion… You do bake this granola. It’s not ‘no bake’ granola; it simply tastes like a “no-bake cookie.” Got it? 🙂
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- ¾ cups roasted, salted cashews (or peanuts), chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (I used raw)
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 3 T unsalted butter
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter, peanut butter, and maple syrup over low heat until melted and combined.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir to combine. (The chocolate chips will then melt.)
- Spread wet granola out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir, bake for an additional 10, or until granola is just starting to dry up a bit.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Enjoy plain, over yogurt, or with milk!
This granola is so good and my kids LOVE it. Just be forewarned…it’s definitely a ‘treat’ type granola. It’s very rich. It tastes exactly like no-bake cookies!! I may try reducing the chocolate or maple syrup just a tad next time, but it’s definitely delicious just the way it is!! 🙂
I enjoyed it for breakfast this morning with almond milk.
And my daughter had it for lunch today with her yogurt. She took plain (organic) yogurt and then mixed in the granola at lunch time. She already wants to take it again tomorrow because she loves it so much! (Note: I had planned to include half an apple in her lunch today, but since she had a school delay–due to snow–and she ate a small snack before leaving, I figured this would be enough food.)
And did you know I have a No-Bake Cookies recipe on my blog already? It’s made without refined sugar! That recipe was a HUGE hit last year around Christmas time. In fact, the post still holds the record for most page views in one day thanks to being shared by a much larger blogger! Love when things like that happen. 🙂
Anyway, this is definitely a granola recipe I will be making again…and again!!
Depending on the price, sometimes I buy Enjoy Life chocolate chips online and sometimes it’s cheaper at my local grocery store. At the time of this posting, it’s cheaper to buy 6 bags online:
If you like this recipe and want to see more like it, make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter here:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same, but Real Fit, Real Food Mom will earn a small commission (which helps to offset web hosting fees, maintenance, etc.). Your support is greatly appreciated!