Blender banana oatmeal blueberry chocolate chip muffins…whew! That’s a mouthful of a name for these muffins! However, they’re so tasty that I wouldn’t want to leave out any of the star ingredients from the name! I’ve honestly made these muffins once every week or two over the last few months. They are SO good and so simple to make. Whenever I have ripe bananas in the house, this has become my go to recipe. And I love that they freeze and thaw so well. In fact, I have a whole batch in the freezer right now, which are perfect to pull out and pack in my kids’ lunchboxes when I’ve run out of other options.
The other best part of this recipe? (Besides the taste.) They are made without flour, butter, oil, or additional sweetener! (Besides the bananas.) I love that! The original recipe called for honey, but there really is no need for it. These are sweet enough as is and my kids gobble them up.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen and rinsed)
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with silicone liners* or spray with oil.
- In a large blender, add all ingredients except the mix-ins.
- Blend on high until oats are broken down and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the tops just start to brown.
Feel free to switch up the mix-ins, too! I think diced apples and cinnamon would be a good mix. Or dark chocolate and nuts. Or leave out the blueberries and just use plain old chocolate chip. No matter how you make them, you won’t regret it. Super easy, super delicious, and super healthy. 🙂
*Note: The Chicago Metallic brand of muffin liners are THE best!! I originally purchased the Wilton brand and wasn’t ever crazy about them because food would stick to the edges and they were super hard to clean. But then I bought more because I needed to make 24 muffins at one time a while back…and I realized that the new brand was so much better! Nothing ever sticks to them! No need to spray with oil either. Food just pops right out and they only need a quick rinse in soapy water afterwards. Definitely recommend…just like I recommend that you go make these blender banana oatmeal blueberry chocolate chip muffins right now!! 😉