I made these Mozzarella Veggie Egg Cups last week and thought I would share the recipe with you! It’s so simple and basic, but that’s what makes it great, right? 🙂 I’m currently in the middle of my 21 Day Fix program and I’m loving it! I’ve been eating two eggs almost every day for one of my red protein containers, but I try to vary up how I serve them so it doesn’t get boring. I’ve had scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, omelets (sort of…), and eggs over easy. So, I thought it was time to try something a little different. I’ve made other egg cups before: Hashbrown Breakfast Egg Cups and these are just a slight variation from those, but meet my exact portion-control requirements for this 21 Day Fix plan.
The 21 Day Fix “breakdown” for these is 1 Green, 1 Red, and 1 Blue, plus, the serving size for this is THREE EGG CUPS!! What a great deal is that?? 🙂
And the recipe couldn’t be more simple! Feel free to double the batch and freeze some for later. Kids love them too, so there is no reason to keep them all to yourself…though you may want to. 😉
- 2 cups diced veggies (I used bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach)
- 4 large eggs (pastured is ideal)
- ½ cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 6 muffin tins with an olive oil sprayer.
- In a preheated skillet, spray with oil again, and saute veggies until cooked.
- Divide veggies evenly between 6 muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with an even amount of mozzarella cheese in each tin.
- Whisk eggs together and slowly pour equal amounts between the 6 tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven and tins.
- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy...or let cool and freeze for later!
Here it is in pictures…
Even if you’re not doing the 21 Day Fix program, of course, you can still enjoy these and they would make a great breakfast for kids before school. Maybe serve them one or two egg cups with a slice of homemade toast with a little butter and cinnamon and a side of fruit?? Sounds like a delicious and nutritious breakfast to me!! 🙂
And if you’re interested in joining my next round of the 21 Day Fix, I’d love to have you! You’ll be doing intense 30 minute workouts daily along with a solid, well spelled out nutrition plan. I’ll invite you to join a private Facebook group and together we’ll provide each other with support, motivation, accountability, meal plans, recipe ideas, and more! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Facebook for more info. The deadline for my group starting on August 17th is this upcoming weekend, so don’t delay if you want to join!